ABOUT BottlePal

In Finland the deposit containers’ return rate is about 90%. Even though the rate is high, remaining 10% of deposit containers which aren’t returned means 200 million containers each year. BottlePal is supporting the general recycling system so we could increase the return rate in Finland even more. We want to support sustainable development and strive to improve and simplify the recycling of empty deposit containers so they are effectively reused.

The idea for BottlePal came completely from our own everyday lives. We often found ourselves discussing how troublesome the simple act of returning bottles could be. On the other hand we all thought that proper bottle recycling was a priority for us. We also noticed the ordinary people amongst us who spent some of their valuable time collecting the discarded containers in our neighbourhoods. We decided to seek a new solution that would benefit all parties! And that’s how BottlePal came to be; a new alternative to recycling bottles and cans. BottlePal is a modern, flexible, efficient and fast way to both donate and collect deposit containers. With the help of BottlePal registered users can donate and collect BottleBags according to their own needs. There are benefits to both sides as well; those wishing to donate can enjoy a simpler way of returning bottles, whereas those seeking to collect can double the amount of their deposit receipts. By using BottlePal we can improve the recycling of containers. We’ve made it easy!

 

BE A PAL

While using BottlePal remember to consider other users. As a donor and collector you have your own responsibilities which you are obligated to follow. When donating bottles we ask you to provide the correct information regarding the number of bottle bags and other relevant details. Be sure to have your bottle bags in the correct location upon the agreed time. Only donate deposit items which are accepted in the Finnish bottle recycling machines. More information regarding the deposit items can be found at www.palpa.fi.

As a collector, be sure to collect the bottles upon the agreed time. Here at BottlePal we care about your safety. Don’t forget to respect others and be careful while on the road. We want to embrace a positive environment, so let’s remember to be friendly and have fun!

 

BottlePal team

BottlePal has been created by ArcticApp Ltd which is founded in 2018. BottlePal team is made of four young ladys and one experienced gent. Find contact details and more information about the founders and ArcticApp Ltd from https://www.arcticapp.fi/.

 

Journey of a BottleBag

Recycling bottles has never been this easy! Check these eight easy steps of the BottleBag.

  • 1. THE DONOR POSTS A NOTIFICATION FREE OF CHARGE
  • 2. THE COLLECTOR RESERVES THE NOTIFICATION AND SUGGESTS COLLECTION TIME
  • 3. THE DONOR CONFIRMS THE RESERVATION
  • 4. THE COLLECTOR IS CHARGED 0,50€ PER BOTTLEBAG
  • 5. THE COLLECTOR RECEIVES THE EXACT LOCATION OF BOTTLEBAGS
  • 6. THE DONOR PLACES THE BOTTLEBAGS AT THE EXACT LOCATION AT THE AGREED TIME
  • 7. THE COLLECTOR COLLECTS THE BOTTLEBAGS AT THE AGREED TIME
  • 8. THE COLLECTOR RETURNS THE BOTTLEBAGS TO THE RETURN STATION AND KEEPS THE DEPOSITS FOR THEMSELVES